Saturday, October 3, 2015

Review II: Square Enix Play Arts Kai "Batman: Arkham Knight" 1/7th scale Arkham Knight figure

continued from previous post...

Like I said before, I never liked a Batman villain more than I like this latest bad guy: Arkham Knight. It's probably because he looks a lot like Batman and would have been Batman in another world if Batman ever decided to go with more armor in his fight against crime and injustice. As it stands, Arkham Knight wants Batman to know he dresses like him and fights like him because he knows him on a deeper level. It was an emotional / psychological battle as much as it was physical.


Other than 12-inch figures, I think the next best scale so far for me are these 1/7th scale action figures which are about 10 inches tall. At this size, they can have very nice details and sculpts done with more than enough articulation to get some dynamic / dramatic poses in. This is my second part action figure review of the Square Enix Play Arts Kai "Batman: Arkham Knight" 1/7th scale Arkham Knight figure posted on my toy blog and in this entry are the action pose shots for your viewing pleasure.

Scroll down to see all the pictures.
Click on them for bigger and better views.



This Square Enix Play Arts Kai "Batman: Arkham Knight" 1/7th scale Arkham Knight 10-inch action figure comes with two interchangeable helmet pieces: one to recreate his default appearance, and a second one painted so as to give off a glowing eye effect. The glowing eye effect helmet also has a translucent visor which I really dig and I didn't even bother to switch helmets as I much prefer this particular version.


Other accessories include: a rifle, two handguns, and three interchangeable pairs of hands to allow for a variety of action poses. The pistols look a bit oversized IMHO Square Enix seems to have a penchant for oversized guns, as this is also evident with their Square Enix Play Arts Kai RoboCop 2014 version 1.0 - super-human cyborg figure which I reviewed HERE, HERE and HERE.


I couldn't get the Square Enix Play Arts Kai Arkham Knight action figure to get into the dynamic and iconic Iron Man landing pose - not many figures can hold that pose (see my toy blog post HERE concerning this issue) and this is the closest I got to a kneeling post.


Here's the Square Enix Play Arts Kai "Batman: Arkham Knight" 1/7th scale Arkham Knight 10-inch tall action figure with his rifle. The rifle looks to be formed by combining the two pistols together.


3 comments:

HeDoN666 said...

Awesome looking figure.b Hoping we'll see a premium-style version from HT at some point soon too.

alex teo said...

That's what I really really want but this will have to do for now :)

Unknown said...

creepy mouth but still cool